After a car crash, police will likely arrive soon.
They will proceed to write an accident report, adding as much detail as possible.
Your Montgomery, Alabama car accident report can play a significant role in your claim.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to acquire one. Our experienced Alabama auto accident attorneys will review your options.
Where to Find Your Car Accident Report in Montgomery, AL
You may obtain a Montgomery, Alabama accident report in two ways: through the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency or directly through the police department.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
If going through the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, there are four ways to get a copy of your car accident report:
- By mail: filling out a Crash Report Request Form
- By phone: calling (334) 242-4241
- In-person: at a Driver License Reinstatement Office
- Online: you can read our blog to learn how to download an Alabama accident report from ALEA’s website
Copies of crash reports cost $15 each. If you pay by credit card you will also be charged a credit card processing fee.
Montgomery, Alabama Police Department
If going through the Montgomery Police Department, there are two ways to get a copy of your crash report:
- In-person: Request your Montgomery, AL accident report at the police department.
- By mail: Mail in a money order, certified check, or company check and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope or email address to receive the Montgomery accident report.
Accident reports obtained through the police department are $5.
What Information Is Included In the Alabama Accident Report?
Police officers will do their best to get as much information into the crash report as possible.
Standard information you can find in your traffic accident report includes:
- Driver information
- Description of the accident and injuries
- Weather conditions at the time of the accident
- Photos of the scene and vehicles
- Information regarding any tickets issued at the scene
Traffic accident reports can be very beneficial to your claim, as they provide an abundance of information about the crash.
How an Attorney Can Help
A car accident attorney will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve after a car accident, and a crash report can be extremely helpful.
Your attorney will likely request a copy of the accident report as part of their thorough investigation.
They will also use this information when negotiating with the insurance company.
Insurance companies are synonymous with doing everything possible to limit liability, but an accident report is a neutral and unbiased document your attorney will use to prove the other driver’s liability.
The team at Fob James Law Firm has over 40 years of experience helping car accident victims fight for their rights and just compensation.
We understand the stresses and frustrations that come after a car accident, so we strive to provide kindness and compassion when you need it most.
Our team takes on fewer cases to provide our clients with the highest quality legal representation.