After a car crash, you should call 911 to report the crash to the local police department. The investigating officer will likely arrive to the scene of the crash soon.
They will proceed to investigate the crash and write an accident report, adding as much detail as possible.
Your Eufaula, Alabama car accident report can play a significant role in your claim.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to acquire one. Our experienced Alabama auto accident attorneys can help you obtain an accident report and will review your options.
Where to Find Your Car Accident Report in Eufaula, AL
You may obtain an accident report in Eufaula, Alabama report directly through the police department.
Eufaula, Alabama Police Department
There are two ways to get a copy of your crash report from the City of Eufaula Police Department:
- In-person: Incident and accident reports are available Monday through Friday, 8 am until 5 pm from the records division at the Eufaula Police Department, which is located at 545 East Barbour Street Eufaula, Alabama 36027. There is a $5 charge per report.
- Online: You can request a copy of an incident or accident report online at the Government Portal for a credit or debit card payment of $8. You will need to provide the name of the driver, the date of the crash, and your phone number.
Where to Find Your Car Accident Report in Barbour County, AL
If you were in a car accident that occurred outside the city limits of Eufaula in Barbour County, Alabama, check out our blog here.
What Information Is Included In the Alabama Accident Report?
Police officers will do their best to get as much information into the crash report as possible.
Standard information you can find in your accident report includes:
- Driver information;
- Description of the accident and injuries;
- Weather conditions at the time of the accident;
- Photos of the scene and vehicles; and
- Information regarding any tickets issued at the scene.
Car accident reports can be very beneficial to your claim, as they provide an abundance of information about the crash.
How an Attorney Can Help
A car accident attorney will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve after a car accident, and a crash report can be extremely helpful.
Your attorney will likely request a copy of the accident report as part of their thorough investigation.
They will also use this information when negotiating with the insurance company.
Insurance companies are synonymous with doing everything possible to limit liability, but an accident report is a neutral and unbiased document your attorney will use to prove the other driver’s liability.
The team at Fob James Law Firm has over 40 years of experience helping car accident victims fight for their rights and just compensation.
We understand the stresses and frustrations that come after a car accident, so we strive to provide kindness and compassion when you need it most.
Our team takes on fewer cases to provide our clients with the highest quality legal representation.