| Read Time: 2 minutes
Featured Image Accident Reports

If you get into a motor vehicle accident on the interstate highways or state roads in Alabama, the Alabama state troopers will investigate the crash and create an accident report that includes the details of the crash and the involved parties. The Alabama accident report from the State Troopers plays a crucial role in your claim if you are not at fault and often determines how much an insurance company offers you.

Fortunately, the Alabama state trooper’s–aka the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA)–makes it easy for you to obtain a copy of an accident report in Alabama. You can obtain your accident report two ways: (i) on ALEA’s website, and (ii) through the mail.

Request Your Accident Report Online From the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency [ALEA]

The Alabama Department of Public Safety offers a Uniform Traffic Accident Report through the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency [ALEA] website.

There are two ways to search for your crash report:

  1. Crash Report Number – if you know your crash report number, which is usually a seven digit number, you cant enter the number on the right hand side of the search form and click on the “Search for Report” button:

2. Driver’s License Number AND Last Name of Driver– if you do not know your crash report number, you can search for the accident report by entering the driver’s license number of a driver and the driver’s last name. After you enter this information, click on the “Search for Report” button.

Keep in mind that it takes up to 10 business days from the date of the crash for accident reports to be available online.

Get Your Accident Report By Mail

To get your report by mail, you may mail a certified check or a money order to the Alabama Department of Public Safety along with a Crash Report Request Form which you must fill out.

Make sure to include the names of drivers involved, the location/date of the accident, and the driver’s license number of each driver.

Print the form and send it to the following address:

Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
Crash Reports
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102-1472

Accident reports via mail from the ALEA cost $15.00 per copy.

Injured? Contact Fob James Law Firm and We Will Get Your Crash Report for You.

If you suffered injuries in a car accident, you need an attorney that aggressively fights for you.

At the Fob James Law Firm, our Alabama car accident attorneys provide the attention your case deserves.

Since we take fewer cases, we have more time to focus on you.

If you need help obtaining your Alabama state trooper’s accident report or would like a free consultation, give us a call at 205-407-6009 or contact us online.

Author Photo

Fob James

Fob James obtained a B.S., in software engineering from Auburn University and then continued his education by getting his J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. After working for a large regional firm for several years where he obtained awards for both individual and corporate clients, Fob found that his passion was fighting for individuals who have been seriously injured or wronged by others. Fob believes that the jury is the great equalizer to the power and influence that large corporations have in society.